Careers at Arnolds Keys
SENIOR PROPERTY PORTFOLIO MANAGER (Residential Lettings)
Rare opportunity to join at a senior level a large and busy residential lettings department managing a property portfolio covering Norfolk and North Suffolk. Having expanded steadily over recent years through natural growth, mainly on the back of client recommendations, this is the first ‘replacement’ staff member vacancy for a number of years, arising from a career change.
You will be looking after the day to day management of tenancies for a combination of high net worth portfolios and property holdings held in Trust, as well as quality properties owned by individual Landlords.
Arnolds Keys is a multi-disciplinary property consultancy covering all aspects of residential and commercial agency, lettings, surveying and agricultural, providing literally the complete property service to generations of clients. Of particular interest will be those candidates with ARLA or AssocRICS (residential lettings) qualifications, and those who value our ethic that staff retention, development and fulfilment are front and centre of the firm’s core values.
The Job Description will include:
- Liaising with Landlord clients to visit, advise on the letting process, legal requirements etc.
- Take on and market properties in the most appropriate manner to maximise the rental value, adhering to all compliance requirements.
- Carrying our periodic visits and preparing reports on condition and advising on maintenance matters.
- Conducting viewings and feeding back to the tenancy processing admin team to enable them to process tenant applications.
- Producing written reports, brochures, promotional information and other written material.
- Travelling to properties and conducting viewings.
- Preparing tenancy agreements, notices, schedules of condition and inventories.
- Making sure all aspects of the letting meet legal requirements, including service notices.
- Arranging for and supervising maintenance and repairs to be carried out, including working with solicitors, builders, cleaners and suppliers.
- Managing end of tenancy inspections, negotiating and agreeing deposit retentions and completing relevant paperwork.
- Assisting landlords in expanding and restructuring their property portfolios.
- Have a strong work ethic, can-do attitude and a passion for exceeding customer’s expectations.
- Show huge motivation to deliver the highest quality lettings experience both for landlords and tenants.
- Display a smart, professional appearance, inspiring confidence in clients representing all demographics.
- Be articulate and clear spoken, and be able to produce accurate written work.
- Already have ARLA or AssocRICS qualifications, or equivalent.
- Show demonstrable experience of managing/running a sizeable property portfolio.
- Have 5 years’ experience either as a branch manager or senior lettings agent in a large team.
In return, the firm provides:
- A national award-winning department with enviable reputation, providing an unrivaled professional service to clients and tenants.
- Life time learning employer commitment to support you in achieving your career goals.
- Friendly and hardworking ARLA and RICS qualified dedicated lettings team, from negotiators to admin to accounts.
- Bright, modern city centre lettings suite with all services delivered from one office.
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme based on realistic targets.
- Quality unbranded company car and fully funded phone.
- Private medical insurance and pension scheme.
- Generous holiday allowance, increasing over length of service.
- ARLA / RICS membership fees and training courses paid.
- Sensible working hours, with time off in lieu for Saturday rota working.
- Opportunity for progression to Partnership if desired.
CVs with a covering email explaining why this job attracts you should be sent to Jan.email@example.com
LAND AND DEVELOPMENT SURVEYOR
An excellent opportunity for a graduate or qualified Land and Development Surveyor to join a the team. You’ll be working in a fast paced environment within the larger commercial division looking after existing clients and new enquiries, generated from within the firm and external introducers and contacts. Fast track development eventually to Partnership available for the right candidate.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assess land and sites suitability for development, including market demand, site characteristics and infrastructure.
- Manage or take a lead role in projects, from the earliest planning stages through to completion.
- Identify new opportunities by conducting research and networking.
- Interpret market data from various sources.
- Carry out detailed site appraisals utilising development software.
- Draw up, present and negotiate competitive proposals.
- Advise clients on the availability of finance and the feasibility of planning permission.
- Prepare and present applications for planning permission.
- Provide valuations, advise financial institutions and negotiate with regard to the provision of finance for commercial and residential developments.
- Ensure compliance with planning legislation and policy.
- Use strong management and entrepreneurial skills to ensure that projects are delivered successfully, efficiently and profitably for clients.
- Consider the physical, environmental and social impact of proposed developments.
- Advocate the conservation and protection of historic or environmentally sensitive sites and areas.
- Promote the use of effective land management and administration as one of the key drivers behind economic development.
- Communicate and negotiate effectively with colleagues, clients and financial stakeholders.
- Respond quickly to changes in market conditions, client requirements and government policies.
- To liaise with our network of estate agency offices to uncover market opportunities.
We are looking for an individual who can demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills including negotiating, networking and presentation.Excellent analytical and numerical skills. Effective written communication and report-writing skills.,
A thorough understanding of legal matters, policies and procedures. A creative and innovative approach with an aptitude for problem solving. As a person you will bring a strong 'work hard, play hard' ethic. An eye for an opportunity and a positive mental attitude.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To apply for the role please email Guy Gowing with a CV and covering letter: Guy.Gowing@arnoldskeys.com | or for an informal conversation, please call 01603 620551