East Anglia’s Leading Auction House
Keys Fine Art Auctioneers is a major regional auction house with a reputation which stretches far beyond its East Anglian origins. Established in 1953, and still based on the same five acre saleground in Aylsham, Norfolk, Keys has a wide-ranging teams of experts in many areas, offering a complete auction services which rivals many national concerns.
With over 80 Fine Art, Antique, Book and Ephemera, General, Commercial and Specialist sales taking place each year, covering the whole auction spectrum, Keys has become one of the premier UK auction houses outside of London.
The firm has been in the vanguard of embracing new ideas and technology. In particular, the advent of live online bidding has opened up sales to a much wider, global audience, with buyers bidding from their computers and mobile devices right across the globe.
- Picture Department: well-regarded in the art world and amongst private collectors, attracting international buyers
- Antiques Department: offering a wealth of expertise and experience in furniture, ceramics, jewellery, clocks and watches, oriental artefacts, gold and silver, carpets and collectables
- Books Department: has a high reputation amongst dealers and collectors both nationally and internationally, for books and specialist ephemera such as antiquarian maps, photography, postcards and cigarette cards, autographs and illustrations
- Specialist Sales Department: focussed sales in a variety of areas, including classic cars, motorcycles and automobilia, boats and leisure, textiles, toys and wine, as well as off-site sales at clients’ premises, Country House sales and a monthly Commercial Deadstock sale
- General Sales Department: Hundreds of people attend Keys’ weekly General Sale, which sees a huge range of goods from furniture, china, pictures, and a variety of household goods on sale